If you have chronic neck pain, soreness, or stiffness, chiropractic care is a viable treatment option that alleviates pain at the source of your condition for long-lasting relief. Chiropractic adjustments aim to bring back mobility in the neck through non-surgical, manual manipulations that fix the root of your neck pain rather than cover up the symptoms.
How Do Adjustments Work to Provide Pain Relief for a Sore Neck?
Spinal manipulations and chiropractic adjustments work to bring your vertebrae back into proper alignment in order to alleviate your neck pain and provide lasting relief. Depending on the severity of the injury or condition, neck pain can cause even the smallest of movements to become a challenge. Even attempting to hold the head upright or turn side to side could cause searing pain. Making an appointment to see a chiropractic specialist for a manual adjustment can relieve pressure in the nerves and spinal cord to reduce chronic neck pain.
Chiropractic adjustments can help relieve neck pain brought on by a variety of different causes, including:
- Whiplash: The jerking motion the neck makes during a major car accident, known as whiplash, can cause pain and tension all throughout the neck.
- Osteoarthritis: Over time, our cartilage between the joints tends to wear away and weaken, causing painful neck problems. While osteoarthritis can affect people at any age, it is especially common with those who are over the age of 60.
- Muscle strain: Muscle strain can be brought on by poor posture, sitting for too long, standing for too long, or keeping the head tilted the same way for long periods of time.
- Compressed nerves: If you have a herniated disc, slipped disc, or bone spur, this can cause compression of the nerves around the spinal cord, resulting in debilitating neck pain.
The good news is chiropractic care helps to reduce pain and inflammation in the neck brought on due to any number of reasons so that you can get back to feeling like yourself again without chronic neck pain.
Benefits of a Chiropractic Adjustment
There are many wonderful reasons to get a chiropractic adjustment, especially for those who suffer from chronic neck pain. Some of the incredible benefits of chiropractic care include:
- Improved mobility
- Improved function throughout the body
- Improved immune system
- Decreased inflammation
- Reduced joint degeneration
- Reduced respiratory issues and congestion
- Improved nerve function
- Improved blood circulation
- Strengthened muscles in the neck
Chiropractic care targets the source of neck pain rather than simply covering up the symptoms. While covering up the pain with medication can temporarily relieve it, the problem continues to persist and even worsens over time due to being left unaddressed. If you have a sore neck, there is an underlying reason that is causing your pain. The pain is only a symptom of a problem beneath the surface. When the underlying cause is addressed through gentle adjustments and manual manipulations, then neck pain relief can be achieved.
If you are searching for an effective, long-term solution for chronic neck pain, call our clinic today about chiropractic care. We will develop a treatment plan that is right for you to help alleviate your pain.